Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bike Lights: Bell Radian Light Set

I rode the bike around the block after work today and quickly realized that I needed some lights. I actually also needed some reflectors since the bike didn't even have any! So off to the LBS I went.

The employee at McCully Bicycle & Sporting Goods (which is not even at McCully btw) recommended the Blackburn Click Combo Light. They were a pair of nice looking front and rear lights that were easy to install and remove. The lenses clicked in to turn on and off and could either be steady or have a strobe effect (actually pretty standard for most bike lights). The set was around $20 at the store and was currently the same price on Amazon.

The price was perfect, but I didn't want to have to take the lights on and off the bike just so they wouldn't get stolen off the rack. I looked at a few other lights and had a problem with all of them, so I decided to just go home.

When I got home, Michelle asked if we could go to Walmart (of course I said yes! I love roaming Walmart for some reason). I went straight to the bike section and looked around. They carried mostly Bell and Schwinn gear which all had a cheaper look and feel to them compared to the stuff at the bike shop. One light set caught my eyes though.

It was the Bell Radian Light Set which was priced under $17! I liked them because the packaging said they were waterproof and shockproof. Complaints on Amazon for bike lights were usually water seeping into the casing or the light just falling off or apart, so these were perfect! They also attached using hex key screws which I liked.



Also picked up some bandanas, so the sweat doesn't drip down my face while biking.


Forgot about the reflectors though :/

No comments:

Post a Comment