Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Rode a Little Farther With the Lights Today

Really got to test out my lights today. Rode 2.9 miles through the neighborhood after the sun went down. The front light of the Bell Radian Light Set didn't do too bad. It looked a little washed out in the city lights, but did pretty well in less lit areas. I set it to it's stobe mode and it was noticeably more visible under the bright lights. I might buy a second set. I didn't get rear ended, so I guess the rear light worked ok.

Strava Stats

Circuit
Distance: 2.9 mi
Elevation Gain: 41 ft
Moving Time: 0:16:15
Max Speed: 21.0 mi/hr
Avg Speed: 10.9 mi/hr
Calories: 74

When I rode through Beretania Street on Saturday, I noticed how bad the road actually was. The one mile I rode through today wasn't any better. If they're not going to put any dedicated bike lanes on these streets, they should at least make them smoother. I had a hard time hugging the curb in fear of hitting a pot hole. On my route, I also went over two bridges going over the H1. The first one was on Mc Cully Street which had a bike lane, and the second one was on Keeaumoku Street which didn't. Sidewalks were pretty narrow too and would have been inconvenient if there were pedestrians. I'm sure the pedestrians would be saying the same thing though lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment