Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Testing a Route to Work

I tried testing out a route to and from work, but instead just tested the way there. On the return trip home, I decided to take Ala Moana Boulevard which followed the coast instead of cutting through downtown.

Strava Stats

Circuit
Distance: 9.1 mi
Elevation Gain: 91 ft
Moving Time: 0:56:23
Max Speed: 24.9 mi/hr
Avg Speed: 9.6 mi/hr
Calories: 227

The ride to work took under 20 minutes and I would guess was about 2.8 miles. I rode through Beretania Street and had my first encounter with a Strava Segment. Strava Segments are routes that are created by Strava users. The segments are automatically challenged when ridden through. As of now, I am 111th/114 place through the segment titled, Beretania Dip. lol

The ride back was beautiful but windy! I never knew how powerful the wind could be while riding a bike upright. With my arms out on the grips of the flat low rise handlebar, I acted like a sail and seriously felt like I was losing at least 5 mph (probably more, I don't have a computer and I'm bad at judging speed). I decided to take a break from Ala Moana Boulevard, to avoid the wind and ride around Kakaako Park. I always see scuba divers here and there are stairs where you can walk into the water.  I think it's a rocky drop off (I don't really know what that means, but I've heard it before and felt it appropriate lol).


I rode the length of the sidewalk running along the coast and then went back on Ala Moana Blvd to head home. Of course I stopped by 7-11 to pick up some C2o Coconut Water before finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment