Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Biked to Work! 2

I biked to work today since Michelle didn't have work for Veteran's Day. I did because I switched today for the Friday after Thanksgiving, so I would have a 4 day weekend next week. Still tweaking my route and managed to get 10 foot higher in elevation and a very fast max speed on my return home :)
Strava Stats

To Work
Distance: 2.9 mi
Elevation Gain: 0 ft
Moving Time: 0:16:54
Max Speed: 25.5 mi/hr
Avg Speed: 10.4 mi/hr
Calories: 70

Back Home
Distance: 2.9 mi
Elevation Gain: 51 ft
Moving Time: 0:17:10
Max Speed: 34.6 mi/hr
Avg Speed: 10.1 mi/hr
Calories: 106

My body was still super sore from yesterday, but I decided to bike to work anyway. I wouldn't have the chance to on Thursday or Friday because Michelle traded those day offs for this coming weekend. I took somewhat the same route from last Thursday, avoiding the Beretania Dip, but went a little too far on the wrong side of Kinau Street. The sidewalk ended and I had to cross a busy, morning rush hour freeway off ramp. I waited for the cars to clear up a little and then ran as fast as I could across road. A Mini honked at me as I reached the other side. I rode down through Beretania Street, crossed Chinatown on Alapai Street, then continued toward my work place using the Ala Moana Boulevard bike lane. The Vice President of the company was there surprisingly early and opened the door for me.

I didn't get too distracted with the bike this time, because I was too distracted with my throbbing thighs the whole day! During my lunch break, I looked online for some tips and Livestrong.com said to "elevate the leg to an area above your heart." I'll be sleeping upside down tonight.

I left work about 30 minutes early since it was forecasted to rain (deja vu). The guard at the exit raised the gate for me while I was still far away, so I took the opportunity to get a fast start before a very mild downhill. BAM 34.6 MPH! I rode the rest of the street hearing the homeless guys telling me to slow down lol. I went through Aala Park and the tires handled the grass and small rocks pretty well. I crossed Beretania Street and took the sidewalk along the Nuuanu Canal lined with Chinese restaurants and old guys playing board games. This cut felt nicer to ride through then weaving in and out of traffic on King Street. I then took Vineyard Boulevard back to Kinau Street where I got rained on again, 3-5 minutes from the apartment (deja vu!!!). I can't win!!!

On a better note, I only have to bike to work 2-3 more times before saving a gallon of gas! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment