Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Black Mountain Bicycles

Before heading back home today, my step-dad and I took a trip to Trader Joe’s to get the usual pasalubongs (Tagalog for souvenirs/gifts). Hawaiians love Trader Joe’s and I mean LOVE! Anyway, right next door was Black Mountain Bicycles and my step-dad asked if I wanted to check it out. I didn’t because I was running pretty late (what’s new), but I wanted to check out Trek’s entry level road bike.
They’ve moved since I last stepped into their store and they’re now at 9860 Hibert St. Their new location is super huge with their products nicely spaced out, and they carry mostly Trek and Specialized bicycles along with a few other brands. 
An employee brought down a Trek 1.1 for me to checkout and I found out 52 cm fit me pretty well. He told me that the 1.2 would be a better deal though because the 1.1 still had an aluminum fork, while the 1.2 and most other newer road bikes had carbon forks. He also mentioned that most of the other components were upgraded. He didn’t have one on the floor, but he said that they could build any bike that they carried for me to checkout without any commitment to buy since building bikes was what they did. I told him no thanks since I was just visiting, and we looked around a little more.
I thought my step-dad had caught the road bike bug after showing him the bike I had and what I wanted, but after taking a turn at the next display, we were greeted by the BMX section! Maybe my brother will have his road bike with an adjustable seat by the time I visit again lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment